REALTORS® POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (RPAC)
What is RPAC?
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is a voluntary political action committee whose membership consists of REALTORS® and affiliates interested in actively and effectively protecting the real estate industry. Your voluntary investment is used to safeguard the industry through issues mobilization, political advocacy, and by funding candidates for elected office at the local, state, and federal levels who support real estate issues and recognize the value of homeownership. RPAC works every day on behalf of REALTORS® so that you can practice real estate with the assurance that someone is fighting for you and the real estate industry!
What does RPAC do?
As a real estate professional, RPAC is your PAC. It is the real estate industry’s vehicle for political success. RPAC pools individual investments and contributes them on a nonpartisan basis to public office candidates who support housing and real estate interests. All contributions to candidates are administered by a board of RPAC trustees.
When RPAC supports REALTOR®-friendly candidates, we give them a leg up against legislators who have worked against us in the past. For a legislator to have the support of one of the nation’s top PACs, that makes a statement.
Why should RPAC interest you?
There is no better way to protect your business than to invest in RPAC. RPAC safeguards REALTOR® interests by supporting and educating lawmakers who defend the real estate industry from onerous laws and regulations that affect you and your clients. RPAC protects the ability of individuals to buy and sell property and establishes the real estate community as a concerned, involved, and powerful political constituency.
Your RPAC investment pays off with every political victory. Your continued involvement in the organization allows us to shape and define the size, scope, and success of our industry. Together, we’re protecting the future of real estate in America. Your investment ensures:
- Leaders across the country can pour through legislation and evaluate how new bills and proposed regulations will impact you and your clients.
- RPAC representatives can effectively lobby lawmakers in Washington, D.C. and in state legislatures throughout the U.S.
- We can defend critical real estate-friendly policies like the Mortgage Interest Deduction (MID) and the 30-year mortgage.
- The 100% health insurance deduction for independent contractors is protected.
- Programs like FHA single family insurance and VA home loans remain available, attainable, and effective for prospective homebuyers everywhere in America.
Is my RPAC investment tax deductible?
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS®, the Washington Association of REALTORS® and the TriCity Association of REALTORS® will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed.
Find out more at www.realtorparty.realtor